Are you an energetic and reliable individual with lots of initiative? Do you feel like taking on a diverse and well-rounded role in a social and dynamic environment? Are you a happy and hard-working person who loves to create and stitch up 3D objects? If you answered yes, then this might be a great opportunity for you.
We’re looking for a highly skilled textile prototyper to help us create beautifully well-finished 3D prototypes of a diverse range of products eg. Rucksacks, body armour, pouches for medical devices, technical sports clothing etc.
- Help transform design intents into fully realised 3D objects
- Be able to stitch up prototypes to an exceptional standard
- Be able to develop patterns
- Be able to mark and cut fabric precisely
- Be interested in materials, their properties and innovations in materials/new developments
- Be able to communicate ideas verbally and through sketches
- Be able to work quickly to produce rough prototypes but also be able to produce prototypes finished to the highest quality
- Maintain order in fabric and haberdashery supplies
- Maintain stocks of fabric and haberdashery
- Enthusiastic and have a proactive approach to your work
- A motivated and outgoing self-starter
- Deeply curious about how things are made or could be made
We offer you
- The chance to become part of a creative, fun and professional team within a multi-disciplinary design environment
Thread Design is a design consultancy based in Cardiff that specialises in products that have fabric or flexible materials in them somewhere. We develop products for international clients from a wide range of industries. Our aim is to make stuff that works.
- We are currently considering Contract, Part Time and Full time
- Hours we keep: 35 hrs/week 9.30am – 5.30pm
- Salary: £17-25k p/a depending on skills/qualifications
- Holidays: 28 days including bank holidays
We’re interested to see examples of previous work in a pdf or web portfolio. For more information contact Rachel Tomlinson Rachel@thread- design.co.uk